The PCIP is hitting the road in August to highlight emerging pet care innovation in three markets across the US. In each city, innovative pet care startups will be featured and experts from in the industry will answer questions about how entrepreneurs passionate about pets can profit and scale up what they’re doing.
Why? Whether at trade shows like SuperZoo and Global Pet, at events in-market, or just in bringing past PCIP winners together, we’ve seen that pet care entrepreneurs benefit from spending time with each other and industry influencers that want to see them succeed.
6-8pm Wednesday August 15, 2018
Centro Chicago, 11 East Madison Street, 6th Floor, Chicago, IL 60602
6-7pm – Networking and Showcase of Chicago Area Pet Care Startups
Startups Featured Include:
- Brilliant Pad – BrilliantPad is the world’s first automatic, self-cleaning dog potty.
- Cast 21 – light-weight, breathable, and waterproof products for human broken bones, and now exploring opportunities to make the healing experience better for pets and their owners.
- Dig – the best way for dog lovers and dog owners to find a compatible date, allowing you to plan a dog-friendly date right from the app.
- Mutt Jackson – with a flagship location at America’s Best Dog Beach – Montrose Dog Beach in Chicago, Illinois., Mutt Jackson offers products, services, and events that help people and their pups do more together.
- PetGotchaDay – a nationwide pet adoption site that uses immersive video to transform the way you will look for your new best friend.
- Shameless Pets – Shameless Pets upcycles farmers’ sort-outs into 5 tasty dog treat flavors, tackling the growing food waste problem.
Others to be announced soon!
7-7:30pm – Panel Discussion and Q&A
What do pet care startups need and where can they turn to get those needs met? Learn from successful pet care founders, investors, and advisors in the space how entrepreneurs successfully get from being passionate about pets to earning a profit and scaling up in the $70B pet care industry.
- Courtney Harold – Head of Sales and Marketing at the World Pet Association
- David Levy – serial pet care entrepreneur (Pet Product Innovations LLC and Zeus & Company) and investor
- Dustin McAdams – founder of PupJoy and 2018 Pet Care Innovation Prize Winner
- Jamie Migdal – founder of FetchFind and 2017 Pet Care Innovation Prize Winner
- David Narkiewicz – Vice President Legal at Purina/9 Square Ventures
- Shawn Riegsecker – Chairman and CEO of Centro
- Dan Reus – Pet Care Innovation Prize (moderator)
7:30—8pm – Networking
If you can’t attend in person, a livestream will be available to see the panel discussion. Register here to attend in person or be invited to the livestream.