The PCIP is hitting the road in August to highlight emerging pet care innovation in three markets across the US. In each city, innovative pet care startups will be featured and experts from in the industry will answer questions about how entrepreneurs passionate about pets can profit and scale up what they’re doing.
Why? Whether at trade shows like SuperZoo and Global Pet, at in-market events, or just in bringing past PCIP winners together, we’ve seen that pet care entrepreneurs benefit from spending time with each other and industry influencers that want to see them succeed.
Pet Care Startup Growth: New York
6-8pm Wednesday August 1, 2018
WeWork SoHo, 154 Grand St., New York, NY 10013
Networking and Showcase of New York Area Pet Care Startups
Startups Featured Include:
- Diggs – maker of Revol, the revolutionary collapsing dog crate, is a designer, manufacturer and retailer of innovative pet products.
- Guardian Pet Food Company – A complete and balanced meal bar for active dogs and pet parents on the go.
- How I Met my Dog – How I Met My Dog custom matches adopters with rescue dogs based on lifestyle and behavior not breed — so the dog you bring home is the right dog.
- My Pet My Scent – an Anti-Anxiety product for Dogs, utilizing Hemp Oil, the pet owner’s scent, and a sustained inhalant system.
- PuppTech – monitor your dog’s comfort all the time, everywhere and bring that information to your PuppTech app on your smartphone or smart watch.
- ShopKetti – a B2B wholesale platform, comparable to the systems that large manufacturers and retailers use, created to unite independent pet retailers with the designers and manufacturers they buy from.
- SpotOn.pet – a ride hailing service for pets and pet parents.
- Well Informed Pet – an app to foster trust between pet parents and caretakers, enabling them to track, share, and contribute to a pet’s health history.
Panel Discussion and Q&A
What do pet care startups need and where can they turn to get those needs met? Learn from successful pet care founders, investors, and advisors in the space how entrepreneurs successfully get from being passionate about pets to earning a profit and scaling up in the $70B pet care industry.
- Shahrina Ankhi-Krol – attorney with a niche practice in the Pet Industry
- Bill Broun – Vice President and Business Development Officer at Purina/9 Square Ventures
- Chris Gonzalez – founder of Barkly Pets (Grand Prize Winner of the 2018 Pet Care Innovation Prize)
- Courtney Harold – Head of Sales and Marketing at the World Pet Association
- Jason Klein – founder, investor and chairman of Harvard Angels in NY
Dan Reus – Pet Care Innovation Prize (moderator)