The PCIP is hitting the road in August to highlight emerging pet care innovation in three markets across the US. In each city, innovative pet care startups will be featured and experts from in the industry will answer questions about how entrepreneurs passionate about pets can profit and scale up what they’re doing.
Why? Whether at trade shows like SuperZoo and Global Pet, at in-market events, or just in bringing past PCIP winners together, we’ve seen that pet care entrepreneurs benefit from spending time with each other and industry influencers that want to see them succeed.
6-8pm Wednesday August 29, 2018
IndieBio, 479 Jessie St., San Francisco, CA 94103
Co-Presented with the World Pet Association.
6-7pm – Networking and Showcase of Bay Area Pet Care Startups
- Coast and Range, Inc. – radically improving canine nutrition by creating a personalized diet for each customer for their dog’s unique nutritional needs (today, tomorrow and for the lifetime of their pet).
- NomNomNow – fresh, human-grade, personalized home-cooked meals for dogs and cats, cooked weekly in the company’s local kitchen, individually portioned, and arrive fresh not frozen, at your door ready to serve.
- PetHospice – PetHospice is a niche telehealth service and education platform focused on quality of life and end of life support for pets and their families.
Others to be announced soon!
7-7:30pm – Panel Discussion and Q&A
What do pet care startups need and where can they turn to get those needs met? Learn from successful pet care founders, investors, and advisors in the space how entrepreneurs successfully get from being passionate about pets to earning a profit and scaling up in the $70B pet care industry.
- Yaroslav Azhnyuk – CEO & co-founder of Petcube
- Kari Goodman – co-founder of AnimalBiome and 2018 Pet Care Innovation Prize Winner
- Arvind Gupta – Founder at IndieBio and General Partner at SOSV
- Jacinthe Moreau – President of the World Pet Association
- Blair Morgan – Vice President, Innovation & Emerging Growth Group at Purina/9 Square Ventures
- Dan Reus – Pet Care Innovation Prize (moderator)
7:30—8pm – Networking
If you can’t attend in person, a livestream will be available to see the panel discussion. Register here to attend in person or be invited to the livestream.