After a successful first year in 2016, The Pet Care Innovation Prize is returning in 2017 with new benefits for pet care entrepreneurs.
The PCIP brings together resources to accelerate exciting and innovative pet care entrepreneurs so that dog and cat owners can benefit from meaningful innovations. Up to five Finalists win cash, business support and recognition to grow their business.
Emerging pet care companies give none of their own equity or intellectual property away in entering the Pet Care Innovation Prize. In 2016, out of applications from 11 countries, Obe was recognized as the Grand Prize winner, while Ewegurt, FetchFind, K9 Fit Club and PupPod were Finalists. All won valuable support and to help their business grow. In 2017, the value to early stage pet care entrepreneurs is even greater:
- Early stage business evaluation – Every entry goes in front of at least a dozen pet care industry experts, serial entrepreneurs, and investors who rank the entries to find our Finalists. All applicants, not just Finalists, will see how their entry ranks against dozens of early stage pet care companies in uniqueness, potential in the industry, likelihood to get industry support, and team strength – valuable insights for any company.
- Cash and coaching – In addition to $10,000 in cash, up to five Finalists get an all-expenses-paid three day intensive Boot Camp on growing and pitching innovative pet care companies, held in St. Louis, MO. The Boot Camp includes mentoring and valuable educational content by successful pet care entrepreneurs and Nestlé Purina experts.
- NEW IN 2017 Industry recognition and validation – Following the Boot Camp, the Finalists will travel all-expenses-paid to New York to pitch their company to 100+ pet industry influencers and media contacts at Nestlé Purina’s private Better With Pets event.
- Support to accelerate growth – While in New York, Finalists will also be judged by senior Nestlé Purina PetCare executives and outside investors to determine who will win the Grand Prize – a free booth at Global Pet Expo 2018 and up to $10,000 in support to showcase their business there.
Key dates in 2017 for the Pet Care Innovation Prize include:
- August 4, 2017 at 11:59pm Central Time (US) – applications close
- September 27-29, 2017 – Five Finalists attend an all-expenses paid 3 day Pet Care Business Boot Camp in St. Louis, MO
- Week of October 9, 2017 – Better With Pets event and Finalist Pitches in New York, NY
- March 2018 – Grand Prize winner exhibits at Global Pet Expo in Orlando, Florida courtesy of Nestlé Purina PetCare and the American Pet Products Association